Claire Richmond is a friend and a client. She is an entrepreneur, TV producer,The Talent Hunter and founder of www.findatvexpert.com which launched over 2 years ago because Claire spotted a gap in the market for a product to showcase new talent to the TV industry and the internet was the vehicle. If you are an expert on something and think you have what it takes to get on the TV then you might find Claire's 10 STEPS TO BECOMING A TV EXPERT interesting and check out her site too www.findatvexpert.com
In summary, Claire's 10 steps are:
1. define your USP
2. understand the market
3. write a book and become an authority (this one is music to my ears and have long advised experts with an 'ology to author a book IF they will then get behind the promotion of it!)
4. give presentations at consumer fairs, trade fairs, networking events and exhibitions (more music to my ears as it has to all be about being easier to find these days!)
5. be at the top of google/yahoo/bing searches under key words that relate to your expertise
6. join clubs, associations and networking groups (check out online ones in www.linkedin.com for starters)
7. join the online directories of experts
8. get quoted (the media read the media and will often look in the media for experts!)
9. be pro-active (why should anything terrific just happen to you if you're not helping yourself!)
10. get a showreel
Claire says "The harder you work at promoting yourself and increasing your visibility, the luckier you will be. The TV industry is always on the hunt for new experts!"
So, could it be you? Do you have a great niche and a presence for TV? This is without a doubt one of the most exciting mediums to make it into. To read the full explanations of the 10 STEPS, read Claire's blog here
See you on the tele then!
firstname.lastname@example.org (she also produces showreels so do ask her!)
Follow Claire on Twitter @findatvexpert
And connect to Claire via www.linkedin.com
29.9.10 - and I heard of this fab new book this week which Claire also recommends!